Friday 12 June 2009

Because I heart books mostest...

I adore watching movies, I adore chocolate and cakes but nothing can beat the feeling of becoming fully submerged in an amazing book. That is why I decided to fill in this booky quiz which I stole of the fabulous Miss Lisa Clark of course... here we go...

1. What author do you own the most books by?
I buy books so much faster than I can read them and although I have many books, the two authors to dominate my reading lists are Lisa Clark and Sarra Manning.

2. What book do you own the most copies of?
At the moment I don't have duplicates of any of my reads. But over the past year or so I have bought 4 copies of Think Pink by Lisa Clark.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
Well I actually just googled 'prepositions' to find out what it meant and... it still doesn't make too much sense to me. Oh well...

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I don't want to be cliche and say Edward from Twilight (although it is totes true) so instead I may go for Hunter in Cate Tiernan's Wicca series - crisp, english accent, powerful witch and Morgan's soul mate *swoon* - and Dylan from Sarra Manning's Diary of a Crush. Sarra Manning has this great way of breaking my heart with every book she writes, she somehow forces me to fall in love with these toxic boy characters she creates and then... ugh!!

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?
This is a tough one, I can't seem to remember. Off the top of my head I would say the Wicca series by Cate Tiernan but I am stuck, there are two books I just cannot find so I can't complete the series!!!!
Oh, and The Life and Loves of a She-Devil by Fey Weldon!

6. Favorite book as a ten year old?
I remember having an amazing yet slightly bizarre primary school teacher who used to gather us on the mats for story time and read Jill Murphy's Worst Witch books to us. She carried a black cat hand puppet in a satchel and she would make it peer over the books as she read. I love the Worst Witch books.

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
I went into Waterstone's recently and there was a certain author selling her books and signing them... she pounced on my parentals and I and practically forced us to buy her book. She signed it for me but to be honest, it doesn't look at all appealing, even the front cover. It's meant to be a kids book too!! So technically I guess I havn't actually read a bad book...

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Gotta admit that I am storming through the Twilight saga at the moment. I adore it.
Party Monster by James St. James was also amazing. I was shocked by how much I loved his writing style.

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
Think Pink by Lisa Clark and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. Two amazing books.

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Wow... the Wicca series, Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning, Curious Incident by Mark Haddon, my own story that I am writing at the moment.

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

12. What is your favorite book?
At this very moment I am not at all sure I can choose one. I just adore my book collection and frequently pick different books to read depending on my mood.

13. Play?
hmm... Closer by Patrick Marber. I love Joe Orton's stuff (including his diaries). Having studied Performing Arts for years it is truly shocking that I can't think of any others... I think I am doing the right thing swapping courses.

14. Poem?
My plan is to start reading a hell of a lot more poetry. But someone once told me that my poetry reminded them of Carol Ann Duffy which made me happy.

15. Essay?
essay??

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Um... I don't know.

17. What is your desert island book?
I would have to pick quite a few books to take with me. And some materials so that I could write my own stuff too.

18. And . . . what are you reading right now?
At the moment I am three quaters of the way through Eclipse, the third Twilight book and I have Breaking Dawn ready and waiting. I am also about to re-read Think Pink because I need to find myself again and be happy. And I need to start reading more poetry.

I also have three audiobooks on my iPod ready to be heard... do they count??

Well, that was fun.

Love and Peas.
CupcakeFace
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'll check out the myspace, fellow libra =)

    kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That primary school teacher - was it Miss Johnson? She was amazing! Did she ever read The Ship of Bones to you? We loved it so much that she made us al pirate hats and badges and read it to us for a treat!

    She was wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book to recommend to you,
    Out by Natsuo Kirino
    its my favourite ever.

    ReplyDelete