Wednesday 1 July 2009

Ok... so I had to end my silence sometime...

Long Live the King
of Pop

Ok.

This is strange. I have no words. I am literally speechless.

I have a home movie of my 3rd Christmas where I was given a heart-shaped Michael Jackson pillow and numerous postcards of him which I collected. My 3rd birthday movie has 'Bad' playing on record all through my party and I attempt a moonwalk which of course was just me walking backwards. Throughout the years I collected the dolls, the music, the movies and have loved and supported Michael Jackson through everything, a true fan to the end. I was devasted when I couldn't afford a ticket for his comeback tour and all my friends could... but that was nothing to sadness I would feel when I descovered he had died.


I remember when Princess Diana died and the world was in shock and mourning. I wrote a speech about her in my english class and had to read it in assembly whilst Elton John's 'Candle in the Wind' played in the background, everyone cried.
Diana was a beautiful person in everyway possible and it was deeply saddening but at the age of 11 I could not understand why everyone was so devasted to the point of tears and such grief.


Now I understand.
I have never met the legend that is MJ. I have never had the privilege to witness the King of Pop in concert. I don't have an enourmous collection of memorabilia like my friend does... but I still feel as though something is missing. I feel empty, I can't seem to accept the truth, it's like someone I know has died. I think Michael Jackson has touched so many people to the point where we do feel as though we know him, we feel a deep loss.


I really don't have anything more to say. I know this is not very good English or particularly well written but... I just can't think about it all right now. I wanted to post a blog as soon as I heard but I've been putting it off... I don't have the words to say anything worthy.


We love you forever Michael.
Gone, but never, ever forgotten.


Sad cupcakes...
Rai CupcakeFace


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I adored him too, and you were one of the first people I thought of when I heard because I know how much you love him.

    He's been made immortal by his music and I'll always love it. So sad xx

    ReplyDelete